If you read David Alfred’s excellent Lexique page on this website, you’ll know that Les pieds dans le rond! means ”feet inside the circle”. Some players have a habit of having a foot – or two! – outside the circle and this is what you’ll hear players say.
The club has a supply of plastic circles, which we mainly use for competitions. Plastic circles offer many advantages:
- they avoid confusion over which circle to play from
- they make the game much more friendly to spectators
- much easier to see if a foot is over the edge
- no more disputes over the size of the circle – these are all regulation 50cm diameter
- no need to erase any circles – just pick it up and take it with you!
- no more broken finger nails from drawing circles on the terrain
- plastic circles
- teams in matching strip
- one team uses silver boules, the other uses black
- dead boule line clearly marked in colour
- large countdown clock and a strictly enforced ”one minute rule”
Give the circles a try – you might like them!