Our next club event is the Welcome Doubles, Sun 24th April at the Peace Statue Terrain.
This is a very popular event where we pair up newer or less experienced members with the more experienced club members to provide a bit more guidance and tuition in a friendly competition.
These are some of the things we try and emphasise:
Playing as a team
This is one of the most important things to learn to get the most from team games.
- Agree team roles, pointing and shooting
- Work together, evaluate the head, decide what shot to play and who is going to play
- Support and encourage your team
Stand at the jack
The view from the circle is often deceptive. You should stand together as a team at the side of the jack for the following reasons:
- you show that you are together as a team – not separate individuals
- you can properly evaluate the head – normally you can’t from behind the circle
- you have a ‘presence’ on the terrain – don’t just wait passively behind the circle, waiting for the opponents to tell you when you can play